The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research is seeking applications from medical students for the 2016 Medical Student Anesthesia Research Fellowship Summer and Year-Long Programs.
FAER’s medical student fellowships provide funding to support medical students over a summer or a year in focusing on anesthesiology research, training in scientific methods and techniques, and learning how to incorporate research into a medical career.
Medical student anesthesia research fellowships are awarded through an annual application cycle. For more information about the MSARF program and eligibility requirements, visit FAER.org/MSARF and download the program instructions available on the right-hand side of the page.
Medical Student Anesthesia Research Fellowship (MSARF) Summer Program
The summer anesthesiology research fellowship provides medical students with an eight-week research experience within an academic anesthesiology department. During the fellowship, students participate in research and training activities, as well as clinical anesthesia activities. In addition, medical student summer fellows have the opportunity to make a scientific presentation at the American Society of Anesthesiologists annual meeting. Students receive a stipend during the fellowship and additional funds to offset their travel costs should they elect to present at the ASA annual meeting.
Student Application Key Dates (Summer Program)
- Online application opens November 15, 2015
- Applications due January 15, 2016
- Award notifications made by February 15, 2016
- Fellowships take place throughout late spring / summer 2016
Visit FAER.org/MSARF for more information on the summer program.
Medical Student Anesthesia Research Fellowship (MSARF) Year-Long Program
FAER’s year-long medical student research fellowship is for those who would like to spend a year focusing on anesthesiology research and receive additional training, and who have completed their core clinical rotations but have not yet graduated. Students who participate in the 2016-17 program will present their research at the 2017 ANESTHESIOLOGY® Annual Meeting.
Through the program, medical student fellows can expect:
- One year of full-time research in anesthesiology
- A formal mentor-protégé relationship with an experienced investigator
- Training in scientific methods and research techniques
- A $32,000 stipend, plus additional funding to cover relocation, housing, health insurance, travel to national meetings and other related expenses
Student Application Key Dates (Year-Long Program)
- Online application opens November 1, 2015
- Applications due December 31, 2015
- Award notifications made by February 1, 2016
- Fellowships take place starting late spring / summer 2016
For more information about the MSARF program and eligibility requirements, visit FAER.org/MSARF and download the program instructions available on the right-hand side of the page.
Questions? Please contact Ginger Smith, Medical Student Programs Coordinator, at 847-268-9236 or GingerSmith@faer.org.